Some of you might be confused between the Scorestreaks and Killstreaks. Here's a simple rundown of both. Killstreaks are rewards that are earned depending on how many kills you get before dying. Most of the killstreak rewards include UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle), air support, or enemy UAV jammer. All these rewards give an added advantage over the enemy players.
Scorestreak rewards are similar to the killstreaks, but the rewards are earned based on how much you've scored. The score can be increased by the usual enemy player elimination and also by playing the objective in objective-based games such as Hardpoint. Actions such as taking down enemy scorestreaks and even getting assists also contribute to your scorestreaks.
In Black Ops Cold War, Scorestreaks do not reset upon your death. This may make it sound like it is easy for everyone to get Scorestreaks, making earning the streaks not as exciting, right? Well, that is not the case. Treyarch has incorporated the Killstreak system into the Scorestreak system, making it equally as hard to acquire these streaks as the original COD Killstreak system.
TOP GAMEPLAY HIGHLIGHTS
You get 50 points for each kill, and if you are on a killstreak, your score keeps multiplying with each consecutive kill in addition to the 50 points. Every 5 kills is considered a special accomplishment as you earn a huge bonus score for every time you cross that milestone.
Scorestreaks & Killstreaks Levels
Below, we have listed a complete score table and the bonus points you get for reaching each milestone.
Every kill after reaching the 30 kill mark will net you +500 points, in addition to the standard +50 points, until you die.
List of Scorestreaks & Required Score
All the Scorestreaks have a certain required score you must reach to activate them. They also have a cooldown time once you've utilized them. You must wait for the cooldown timer to finish before using that same Scorestreak, even if you've earned it again. You can earn them multiple times within a single game, but only if you've already used the streak before earning it again.
It is also worth noting that some Scorestreaks, such as the Combat Bow and War Machine, can be saved for later as they have limited ammo. You can choose when and where to use these Scorestreaks. So, if you've already acquired the War Machine, you can switch to your primary weapon and back easily. This helps for more strategic plays in-game.
- Combat Bow (500 Points): Combat Bow is a powerful bow having fire arrows that burn targets and the surrounding area. It has a cooldown time of 120 seconds.
- RC-XD (800 Points): RC-XD is a remote-controlled car equipped with explosives. You can control it, steer it into the enemy players and detonate. It has a cooldown time of 90 seconds.
- Spy Plane (1,000 Points): Spy Plane is another name for the classic UAV. It reveals enemy positions through the Fog of War for approximately 30 seconds. The cooldown time is 90 seconds.
- Countery-Spy Plane (1,200 Points): Counter-Spy Plane or Counter UAV scramble enemy mini-maps and disable hostile Missile Turrets for a short period of time (approximately 30 seconds). The cooldown time is 60 seconds.
- Armor (1,600 Points): Armor streak gives you a full Armor in Multiplayer, similar to how it works in Warzone. It mitigates the incoming bullet damage and is destroyed after it absorbs too much damage. It has a cooldown time of 120 seconds.
- Sentry Turret (1,800 Points): A deployable deadly automated turret that targets enemy players, vehicles, and equipment. Sentry Turret is very effective in Black Ops Cold War. It has a cooldown time of 60 seconds.
- Care Package (2,000 Points): An air-dropped crate that contains a random Scorestreak. Once you've acquired your Scorestreak from the crate, it self-destructs. The cooldown time is 90 seconds.
- Napalm Strike (2,500 Points): A napalm strike allows you to launch a targeted carpet bomb strike of explosive napalm. It has a cooldown time of 30 seconds.
- Air Patrol (2,700 Points): Air Patrol is a very useful Scorestreak if you are pinned down by an enemy air support Scorestreak such as a chopper gunner or attack helicopter. Air Patrol calls in a squadron of jets to attack enemy air Scorestreaks and counter enemy Air Patrols. It has no cooldown.
- Artillery (3,000 Points): Artillery allows you to launch three targetted artillery strikes. You can always save unused strikes for later use. The cooldown time is 30 seconds.
- Cruise Missile (3,500 Points): Launch and steer a trio of missiles with boost and air brake controls. It also has secondary missiles that auto-fire at painted targets. The cooldown time is 90 seconds.
- War Machine (4,000 Points): Activating this Scorestreak gives you a high-explosive grenade launcher with limited ammo. The cooldown time is 60 seconds.
- Attack Helicopter (4,500 Points): Call in an armed support helicopter. The chopper does all the work and eliminates the enemy players as soon as they are in its vision, no additional player input is required. The cooldown time is 60 seconds.
- Chopper Gunner (6,500): Take control of the machine gun mounted in a close air support helicopter. The cooldown time is 60 seconds.
- VTOL Escort (8,000 Points): Lay waste to enemy infantry and vehicles from the cockpit of a powerful VTOL jet. The cooldown time is 90 seconds. The VTOL jet is extremely powerful and deals a lot of damage before going down.
- Gunship (10,000 Points): Be the gunner in a close air support gunship. This is by far the most powerful Scorestreak in the game. You can easily take out multiple enemies with this giant, and 10,000 points for it is worth earning.