This guide will be updated as new weapons and attachments are added. Feel free to comment below on how we can improve this article and we will do our best to make it happen.
Like the weapon attachments in Modern Warfare (2019), Black Ops Cold War offers various attachments for each weapon in the game. Although the attachments have similar traits, some unlock at different levels due to several weapons having a different level cap.
TOP GAMEPLAY HIGHLIGHTS
Attachments help you to customize your weapons according to your playstyle. Having all the attachments unlocked is crucial if you want to succeed in Black Ops Cold War. Once you understand your playstyle and how to create your own loadout, you will be able to create any setup, regardless of what gun you are using.
If you are looking for a fast method to level up your weapons, then you're in luck. Since the Warzone and Black Ops Cold War integration, you can now use the Cold War weapons in Warzone. You can check out our guide on how to upgrade your weapons in Warzone. This method not only helps you level up your weapons, but also your Battle Pass and overall player rank. This is super beneficial as now you have prestiges to grind for too.
Below, we have covered the description of all the attachments found in the Black Ops Cold War, and the attachment unlock level requirement for each weapon.
There are eight attachment types: Optic, Muzzle, Barrel, Body, Underbarrel, Magazine, Handle, and Stock. By default, you can choose only up to five attachments, but if you select the 'Gunfighter' perk, you will be able to choose from all eight attachment types. By way of example, you can check out our XM4 loadout guide, where we've used the 'Gunfighter' perk to take full advantage of all the attachment types.
- AN/PVS-4 Thermal: Thermal imaging scope of American origin with 2.3x magnification highlights targets in all lighting conditions.
- Axial Arms 3x: American scope with 3.0x magnification features a mil-dot crosshair for advanced targeting at extended ranges.
- Diamondback Reflex: Russian reflex sight with 1.37x magnification and a thin circular frame to prevent sight obstruction.
- Fastpoint Reflex: Open reflex sight from Phantom with 1.37x magnification improves aiming precision and target acquisition.
- Hangman RF: American rangefinder scope with 6.0x magnification for reliable long-distance target acquisition.
- Hawksmoor: American reflex sight with a large objective lens and 1.37x magnification provides higher precision.
- Iron Sights: Sniper iron sights provide better peripheral vision for improved tracking of moving targets.
- Kobra Red Dot: Red-dot sight of Soviet origin with 1.75x magnification features an illuminated aimpoint to improve target acquisition.
- Microflex LED: Reflex sight manufactured by Phantom USA with 1.25x magnification and a thin frame.
- Millstop Reflex: Precision optic produced by Millstop with 1.37x magnification.
- Noch Sova Thermal: Soviet thermal scope with 2.3x magnification improves visibility by highlighting enemy heat signatures.
- Otero Mini Reflex: Otero reflex sight with 1.37x magnification designed specially for pistols.
- Quickdot LED: Compact mini reflex sight of American origin with 1.25x magnification.
- Royal & Kross 4x: 4.0x optic manufactured in the UK with a light aluminum body improves targeting from long range.
- Sillix Holoscout: Well-rounded holographic sight with 1.75x magnification provides a distortion-free sight picture.
- SnapPoint: Russian mini reflex sight with 1.5x magnification provides a clear sight picture.
- SUSAT Multizoom: Telescopic sight produced in the UK with variable 2.0x-4.0x magnification for long-range target acquisition.
- Ultrazoom Custom: High powered Russian scope with valuable 2.0x and 20x magnification for long-distance engagements.
- Visiontech 2x: American-made scope with 2.0x magnification provides exceptional optical clarity.
- Vulture Custom Zoom: Advanced scope of Russian origin zooms between 1.0x and 10x for reliable target acquisition from mid to long range.
- Agency Choke: Conceal position by eliminating flash and reducing acoustics. Improves pellet spread.
- Agency Silencer: Traps gases to reduce muzzle rise and maintain control. Provides flash and sound suppression.
- Agency Suppressor: Traps gases to reduce muzzle climb and eliminate muzzle flash.
- Duckbill Choke: Spreader choke diverts pellets more towards the sides.
- Flash Cone 12 Ga: Flash hider reduces muzzle flash to preserve vision and conceal location.
- Flash Hider .308: Flash guard reduces muzzle flash to conceal your position from enemies.
- Flash Hider .50 BMG: Lightweight flash hider reduces muzzle flash to conceal your position.
- Flashguard .45 APC: Lightweight flash hider reduces muzzle flash to conceal position.
- Flashguard 5.56: Flash hider preserves vision and conceals position by reducing muzzle flash.
- Flashguard 7.62: Reduces muzzle flash to improve sight picture and position concealment.
- Flashguard 9: Reduces muzzle flash signature to conceal position.
- GRU Silencer: Traps gases to reduce muzzle rise and maintain control. Provides flash and sound suppression.
- GRU Suppressor: Traps gases to reduce muzzle rise and maintain control. Provides flash and sound suppression.
- Infantry Compensator: This compensator vents gases upwards to reduce muzzle climb.
- Infantry Stabilizer: Lightweight ported muzzle brake reduces weapon sway.
- Infantry V-Choke: V-shaped muzzle choke. Diverts pellets to the side for greater spread.
- KGB Eliminator: Muzzle device reduces flash and vents gases to the sides to reduce muzzle climb.
- Muzzle Brake .45 APC: Redirects gases upwards and to the sides to counter unwanted muzzle climb.
- Muzzle Brake 5.56: Reverse venting redirects gases to the sides to reduce muzzle climb.
- Muzzle Brake 7.62: Lightweight single port redirects gases to reduce muzzle climb.
- Muzzle Brake 9: Reduces muzzle climb by expelling ghases upwards and to the side.
- Silencer: Eliminates muzzle flash and reduces firing acoustics to improve position concealment.
- SOCOM Blast Mitigator: Blast shield reduces muzzle flash to conceal shooter's position from enemies.
- SOCOM Eliminator: Reduces muzzle flash and vents gases to the sides to reduce muzzle rise.
- Sound Moderator: Reduces firing acoustics and eliminates flash to improve position concealment.
- Sound Suppressor: Lightweight suppressor eliminates flash and sound from muzzle blast.
- Spetsnaz Compensator: Cone shaped muzzle brake vents gasses through top ports to reduce muzzle rise.
- Stabilizer .308: Lightweight muzzle brake reduces weapon sway.
- Stabilizer .50 BMG: Lightweight muzzle brake reduces weapon sway.
- Suppressor: Reduces acoustic intensity of muzzle report and eliminates muzzle flash.
- Task Force Shroud: Lightweight muzzle shroud to improve weapon sway and reduce flash.
- Wrapped Suppressor: Wrapped suppressor minimizes heat distortion to maintain a clear sight picture and traps gases to reduce muzzle rise.
- Blue Squadron: Improve ballistic speed and damage with a low-profile extended barrel perfect for quickly cleaning out tight quarters. It comes in 9.9" only.
- CAG Takedown: Heavy duty barrel with wide diameter to maximize damage against vehicles. It comes in 9.1" size only.
- Cavalry Lancer: Heavy barrel with wide diameter improves damage against vehicles with little additional weight. It comes in 25 different sizes depending on your weapon type. It comes in 5.42", 5.9", 6.5", 7", 8.4", 9.5", 9.6", 10.1", 12.5", 13.7", 15.9", 16.2", 16.5", 17.1", 17.7", 17.8", 17.9", 18.3", 18.7", 18.9", 20.4", 21.8", 23.3", 23.5", and 26.5".
- Chrome Lined: Extended chrome lined barrel. Button rifled to improve bullet velocity. It comes in three different sizes: 7.5", 7.8", and 7.12" depending on what weapon type you decide to go for.
- CMV Mil-Spec: Shortened barrel with polygonal rifling. Improves strafe speed and damage. It comes in two sizes - 15" and 16.5".
- Combat Recon: Machine rifled barrel. Extended length maximizes bullet velocity. It comes in 22.6", 27.2", and 29.1".
- Contour: Cut down barrel reduces weapon weight to improve maneuverability. Also comes named 'Contour M2.' It comes in 15.5" and 15.7". Contour M2 is the 15.7" variant.
- Cut Down: Cut down barrel reduces weapon weight. Improves movement speed when firing. Also comes as 14.7" GRU and 17.5" SOR. GRU and SOR are steel variants. Other sizes include 16", 16.5", 17.5", and 18".
- Division: Shortened barrel improves movement speed. Rifling improves damage against enemies. It comes in three sizes: 16.5", 18.6", and 18.9".
- Extended: Cold hammer-forged barrel. Extended length improves bullet speed. It comes in several sizes: 5.3", 6.83", 7.1", 7.2", 7.8", 8.9", 9.3", 9.5", 13.7", 19.7", 22", 22.2", 22.7", 25", and 28.2".
- GRU Composite: Reinforced by a continuous carbon fiber filament. Improves muzzle velocity and damage range. It comes in 16.2" size.
- Hammered Forged: Shortened steel barrel. Button rifled for an improved fire rate. Hammered Forge has three main sizes: 19.3", 20.3", and 26.5".
- Liberator: Nitride lined barrel. Button rifled to improve bullet speed. It comes in 8.1", 10.3", and 20" depending on what weapon you are applying it on.
- Match Grade: Extended button rifled barrel hammer forged from chromoly steel. Improves damage range. It comes in various sizes such as 19.6", 20.3", 20.5", 20.7", 20.8", 21.5", and 22.8".
- Paratrooper: Stainless-steel barrel increases muzzle velocity and range for more reliable damage at mid-range by improving the speed fired bullets travel. Paratrooper comes in two sizes - 13" and 16".
- Ranger: Extended length shotgun barrel maximizes damage range. Ranger has several sizes: 5.3", 9.5", 10.5", 11.8", 13.7", 16.5", 19.7", 21.2", 24.1", and 24.6".
- Rapid Fire: Steel barrel with a modified gas block. improves fire rate. It comes in 16.3", 16.4", 17", 18", 20.6", and 25.8".
- Reinforced Heavy: Fluted barrel made from lighter components. Improves bullet speed and fire rate. It comes in a wide range of sizes: 6.1", 6.4", 6.45", 7.2", 9.5", 10.1", 10.5", 13.5", 15.5", 19.5", 21.4", 21.6", and 25".
- Rifled: Nitride lined barrel. Prevents banding to improve damage range. It comes in 6.5", 7.6", 8.4", 9.1", 9.5", and 10.2".
- Spetsnaz RPK Barrel: Heavy profile barrel. Broach rifling improves damage against enemy vehicles. Two sizes include 16.5" and 20".
- Strike Team: Phosphate coated barrel. Improves fire rate and damage against enemy personnel. It comes in four sizes: 15.9", 17.1", 18.2", and 18.3".
- Takedown: Tapered barrel with chrome lined bore and chamber. Improves damage range. The sizes include 4.7", 5.63", 6.5", 9.1" CAG, 11.8", 13.5", 13.7", 15.5", 16.5", 18.2", 19.7", and 20.3".
- Task Force: Extended barrel. Improves bullet speed, range, and damage against enemy personnel. Task force probably has the most number of sizes: 5.9", 6.53", 7.2", 7.4", 9.5", 10.3", 10.5", 10.6", 13.5", 15.5", 19.5", 19.8", 20.3", 20.5", 20.8", 21.5", 21.8", 22.8", 24.8", and 25.2".
- Tiger Team: Extended fluted barrel with polygonal rifling. Improves bullet speed, fire rate, and damage. Tiger team have three sizes: 22.6", 26.5", and 28.2".
- Titanium: Medium contour steel barrel. Button rifling improves fire rate. Titanium has three sizes: 16.3", 16.4", and 17".
- Ultralight: Lightweight cut down barrel. Reduced weight improves maneuverability. It comes in 13.7", 15.3", 15.5", 16.5", 17.9", 19.5", and 21.7".
- VDV Reinforced: Extended heavy profile barrel. Improves bullet speed and damage range. It comes in four different sizes: 6.7", 9.3", 16.7", and 18.2".
- Ember Sighting Point: Hard anodized laser sight combo reveals enemy data and improves hipfire accuracy.
- GRU 5mw Laser Sight: IR laser maximizes hipfire accuracy tro quickly resolve threats while on the move.
- KGB Target Designator: Durable precision flashlight reveals enemy data at longer engagement distances. Must be activated by aiming down the sight.
- Mounted Flashlight: Bright flashlight attachment crafted from aircraft grade aluminum to reveal enemy data.
- Nightstalker Spotlight: Bright flashlight attachment crafted from aircraft grade aluminum to reveal enemy data.
- SOF Target Designator: Durable precision flashlight reveals enemy data at longer engagement distances. Must be activated by aiming down the sight.
- Steady Aim Laser: Dust-proof diode laser improves hipfire accuracy.
- SWAT 5mw Laser Sight: IR laser maximizes hipfire accuracy to quickly resolve threats while on the move.
- Tiger Team Spotlight: Powerful spotlight with a longer reaching beam reveals enemy data from longer distances.
- Bipod: Bipod and repurposed polymer pistol grip for improved recoil control.
- Bruiser Grip: Stubby polymer foregrip for faster weapon melee combat.
- Field Agent Grip: Repurposed polymer pistol grip for improved recoil control.
- Foregrip: Standard polymer foregrip for improved recoil control.
- Front Grip: Standard wooden foregrip for improved recoil control.
- Infiltrator Grip: Short bakelite foregrip for improved combat maneuverability.
- Patrol Grip: Repurposed polymer pistol grip for improved sprint speed.
- Red Cell Foregrip: Short polymer foregrip for improved combat maneuverability.
- SFOD Speedgrip: Repurposed polymer pistol grip for improved sprint speed and recoil control.
- Spetsnaz Ergonomic Grip: Repurposed bakelite pistol grip for improved recoil control.
- Spetsnaz Grip: Repurposed bakelite pistol grip for improved recoil control.
- Spetsnaz Speedgrip: Ergonomics wooden grip for improved sprint speed and recoil control.
- Standard Rounds: Extended magazine holds extra rounds. You have several magazine options to choose from depending on your weapon type: 6 round tube, 7 round tube, 9 round tube, 12 rounds, 24 rounds, 30 rounds, 34 rounds, 40 rounds, 42 rounds, 43 rounds, 45 and 65 rounds.
- Round (Rnd) Speed Mag: Makeshift duct tape pulls tab with increased gripping surface improves reload speed. These rounds also come as paracord pull loops. The style depends on the type of weapon you use, but the result is always the same. It is available for 9 rounds, 7 rounds, 12 rounds, 24 rounds, 30 rounds, 34 rounds, 40 rounds, 42 rounds, 43 rounds, 45 rounds, 65 rounds, and 100 rounds.
- Bakelite Rounds: Bakelite is also an extended magazine but less than some of the other magazines. It comes as 35 and 50 rounds, depending on the weapon type.
- Fast Loader: Stainless steel bolt handle improves reload speed.
- Fast Mag: Extended magazine with a makeshift pull loop to improve reload speed.
- GRU Mag Clamp: Magazine coupler joins an additional inverted magazine to the one in the gun for faster reloads.
- Jungle-Style Mag: Magazines secured together with duct tape to improve reload speed.
- Salvo Fast Rounds: Lightweight extended magazine contains certain rounds and improves reload speeds. It comes in a wide range of rounds: 9 rounds, 12 rounds, 14 rounds, 30 rounds, 35 rounds, 44 rounds, 48 rounds, 50 rounds, 53 rounds, 54 rounds, 55 rounds, and 125 rounds.
- SAS Mag Clamp: Magazine coupler joins an additional inverted magazine to the one in the gun for faster reloads.
- Spetsnaz Rounds: Spetsnaz mags act as stronger round style mags for the Warsaw Pact weapons, giving more ammo but at the cost of reduced ADS speed. It's NATO equivalent is the Stanag and Bakelite mags. It comes as 50 round drum and 125 rounds mag.
- STANAG Mags: Stanag mags act as stronger round style mags for the NATO weapons, giving more ammo but at the cost of reduced ADS speed. It's Warsaw Pact equivalent is the Spetsnaz Mag and Bakelite mags (NATO). It comes as 9 rounds, 8 round tube, 12 rounds, 12 round tube, 14 rounds, 30 rounds, 35 rounds, 44 rounds, 48 rounds, 50 rounds, 50 round drum, 53 round drum, 54 round, 54 round drum, 55 round drum, 60 rounds, 85 rounds, and 125 round.
- Taped Mags: Magazines secured together with duct tape to improve reload speed.
- Vandal Speed Loader: Easily detachable RPD drum magazine with a 75 round bolt. Improves reload speed. It decreases reload speed and gives an additional starting mag but penalizes ADS speed and overall movement speed on LMGs.
- VDV Fast Mag: Military-grade ammo belt container improves reload speed and holds a certain round or belt depending on the amount of ammo. It comes as 35 rounds, 50 rounds, 85 rounds, and 125 rounds.
- Airborne Elastic Wrap: Non-abrasive grip sleeves improves shooter stability whiling maintaing agility.
- Dropshot Wrap: Tightly wrapped fabric bands to improve flinch stability when aiming from different stances.
- Field Tape: Fabric wrapping increases grip for improved aiming speed.
- GRU Elastic Wrap: Non-abrasive grip sleeve improves shooter stability whiling maintaining agility.
- SARS Jungle Grip: Makeshift combination of fabric tape and rubber bands to improve aiming speed and flinch stability.
- Serpent Wrap: Duct tape with an adhesive coating ensures a firm grip to increase aiming speed.
- Speed Tape: Duct tape applied to handle increases friction for improved aiming speed.
- Spetsnaz Field Grip: Makeshift combination of fabric tape and rubber bands to improve aiming speed and flinch stability.
- Buffer Tube: MIL-SPEC buffer tube reduces draw time when exiting sprint.
- Collapsed Stock: Collapsed stock enables concealment versatility to improve sprint recovery time.
- CQB Pad: Classic stock designed to increase aim down sight movement speed.
- Dual Wield: Carry two weapons, with one in each hand. Cannot aim down the sight or be combined with optics.
- Duster Pad: Retrofitted leather cheek rest improves sliding speed.
- Duster Stock: Extended stock perfectly balanced to improve sliding speed.
- KGB Pad: Recoil pad absorbs shock for improved sprint recovery and movement speed when aiming.
- KGB Skeletal Stock: Folding stock enables concealment versatility for improved sprint recovery and movement speed when aiming.
- Marathon Stock: Tactical recoil pad adds stability and reduces shock to increase sprint recovery time.
- No Stock: Removed stock enables concealment versatility to improve sprint recovery time.
- Raider Pad: Lightweight cheek rest provides added stability for improved sprint recovery and movement speed when aiming.
- Raider Stock: Lightweight cheek rest provides added stability for improved sprint recovery and movement speed when aiming.
- SAS Combat Stock: Extended stock with aftermarket cheek rest to improve movement speeds when aiming and firing.
- Shotgun Stock: Classic shotgun stock increases stability for improved sprint recovery time.
- Spetsnaz PKM Stock: Polyester cheek rest improves movement speed when aiming and firing.
- Tactical Stock: Classic stock designed to increase aim down sight movement speed.
- Wire Stock: Wire stock reduces weight to improve sprint recovery time.