Modern Warfare 2 is just a few months away, and players cannot wait to get their hands on it. While hype for the game is at an all-time high, the information that we have from Infinity Ward to date is limited.
But that doesn't stop the eager fanbase from finding new ways to dig into the data and mine valuable information about the upcoming game.
Reality is a known credible leaker, and he shared a list of perks coming to Modern Warfare 2. The perks include the old perks as well as six new perks.
Unfortunately, not all Perks/Field Upgrades have descriptions. Also, I'm pretty sure the Restock string is a mistake lol pic.twitter.com/s4uzY2mDgs
— Reality (@r3al1tyuk) July 7, 2022
We still don't know whether the returning perks will work exactly the same as Modern Warfare (2019), but we can assume those to work quite similarly. Although we don't know what the new perks do, Reality did share the description of some of the returning and new perks. We cannot confirm whether this will be the exact functionality upon release, but the descriptions look promising.
The returning perks include the following:
- Battle Hardened: Reduce strength of enemy flash, stun and EMP effects. Immune to Snapshot Grenades.
- Amped: Reload, use equipment, and swap weapons faster.
- E.O.D: Take reduced damage from non-killstreak explosives and fire.
- Cold Blooded: Undetectable by AI targeting system and thermal optics. Does not trigger High Alert warning.
- Ghost: Undetectable by UAVs, Radar Drones, and Heartbeat Sensors.
- Hardline: Killstreaks cost 1 less kill.
- High Alert: Your vision pulses when enemies outside of your view see you.
- Kill Chain: Killstreak kills count towards your next killstreaks. Only applied to killstreaks earned this life. not effective when Specialist is active.
- Overkill: Carry two primary weapons.
- Quick Fix: Killing players immediately starts health regeneration. Capturing and holding objectives increases your health regeneration rate.
- Restock: Recharge equipment over 25 seconds. Spawn with an extra lethal. Explosive damage delays enemy healing. (The last bit about explosive damage delaying enemy healing seems to be incorrect).
- Scavenger: Resupply ammo from dead players.
- Shrapnel: Spawn with an extra piece of lethal equipment. Explosive damage delays enemy health regeneration.
- Double Time: Double the duration of Tactical Sprint. Increase crouch movement speed by 30%.
- Tune Up: Reduce the charge time of field upgrades by 40%.
- Spotter: See enemy equipment, field upgrades, and killstreaks through walls. mark them for your team by aiming down sights. Hack enemy claymores, proximity mines, C4, and trophy systems.
- Tracker: -
The six new perks coming to Modern Warfare 2 are as follows and don't have the description for all of them:
- Extra Tactical
Extra Tactical, as the name suggests, allows you to spawn with an extra piece of tactical equipment. Focus increases the time you can hold your breath when aiming down sights. It also reduces sway and increases flinch resistance. We've already seen the Focus as a perk attachment for weapons in Modern Wafare (2019) and Vanguard. This time it will be added as a "true" perk as part of your overall loadout setup.
Reality's tweets also included some new field upgrades that we will be getting in Modern Warfare 2:
- Radiation Blocker: -
- Battle Rage: Experimental stimulant that gives you an adrenaline rush. Health regenerates quickly, Tactical Equipment is resisted, and Tactical Sprint is constantly refreshed.
- Tactical Camera: Remote-controlled camera that marks enemies. Press the Field Upgrade button to throw it, and press it again to activate it. If deactivated, the camera will automark until reactivated or destroyed.
- Portable Radar: Throw a decide that emites a periodic radar ping for a short time.
We will know the exact functionality of the perks and the field upgrades when the game releases globally for everyone on October 28, 2022.