The new season one of Warzone and Black Ops Cold War is just mere days away and Treyarch has revealed a plethora of content that comes with it, including new multiplayer maps, a new Warzone map, new operators, a new vehicle, and much more.
Here's everything that is coming in Season One of Black Ops Cold War.
Since the progression unified across all three games (MW 2019, Black Ops Cold War, & Warzone), we will be getting a lot of exciting content for Warzone.
TOP GAMEPLAY HIGHLIGHTS
Rebirth Island (Launch Week)
A fan-favorite map - Alcatraz Island or Rebirth Island makes its great return to Warzone. Rebirth Island is a brand new map in Warzone that puts players in an abandoned old prison known for bioweapons manufacturing and testing facility.
This map is similar to Mini-Battle Royale, so expect fewer players than the regular 150 in Verdansk. As the map is smaller than Verdansk, expect many CQC engagements, and make sure you've prepared your SMG loadouts that are perfect for this kind of map.
New Verdansk Gulag Experience (Launch Week)
Now, the Operators will be sent to an interrogation room, strapped to a chair, and thrown into an all-new Gulag. You will still fight against other players for a chance to jump back into the game but in an entirely different arena.
It is no more the Gulag showers for you but instead a replica of the infamous Nuketown replica with both the interiors and backyard closed off. This forces the center of the map to be the only combat area, as it should be in a 1v1 Gulag.
New Rebirth Island Gulag Experience (Launch Week)
There's another new Gulag that will be included for the new map Rebirth Island. It's a new arena located deep underground below the Prison Block of Rebirth Island. There's a room in the center with two hallways that run parallel to it.
These pathways do give an advantage of reaching either end of the room swiftly but at the cost of giving away your position. They have metal detectors that go off whenever an Operator passes through, which is a new addition to the Gulag experience.
New Game Mode: Resurgence (Launch Week)
Resurgence is a new game mode played on Rebirth Island, which has unlimited re-spawns and no Gulag. The concept is simple - drop-in, loot and eliminate other players.
You must have a teammate alive for you to be able to respawn back into the game. The moment every squad member dies, the whole team is out of the game. When you die, a timer starts, after which you can redeploy into the game, given one of your teammates is still alive and kicking.
New Vehicle: Attack Helicopter (In Season)
There is an addition of a brand new vehicle in both Verdansk and Rebirth Island - Attack Helicopter. This helicopter is nothing short of a flying beast, given the firepower it holds.
The Attack Helicopter has two belt-fed miniguns mounted on the side rails that can be operated by your teammates as you pilot the helicopter. If you are flying this helicopter, just know that everyone will be aware of your position.
Content Integration - Operators, Weapons & Progression (Launch Week)
At the start of Season One, MilSim Operators Song (NATO) and Vargas (Warsaw Pact) will become available in Warzone, along with Stitch (more on him below). The other operators are already unlocked in Warzone, provided you've unlocked them in the base game.
Season One onward, all the Black Ops Cold War Operators will be available in Warzone as well, once they've been unlocked, of course.
Over 30 Black Ops, Cold War weapons will be added to your Warzone arsenal. You will be able to access both primary and secondary weapons from Black Ops Cold War, including their blueprint variants.
If there is any weapon included in the Battle Pass, then it will be unlocked for both Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at the same time.
Starting Season One, the XP will be linked between Black Ops Cold War, Warzone, and Modern Warfare (2019). The XP will be synchronized across all three games. Everything that you've unlocked so far will remain unlocked across all three titles.
From this point onward, no matter what game you play, your player and battle pass progression. This means that you can rank up your battle pass in Warzone and/or Modern Warfare (2019), not just in Black Ops Cold War. You can play in Warzone or Modern Warfare (2019) to increase your season levels and prestige in Black Ops Cold War.
Black Ops Cold War
For starters, we are getting three brand new Operators in Black Ops Cold War:
- Stitch - Warsaw Pact (Warsaw Pact): Vikhor "Stitch" Kuzmin is a former KGB chemical weapons expert tasked with overseeing the production of bioweapons on Rebirth Island until 1968, when the island was raided by the CIA. Stitch unlocks immediately upon buying Season One Battle Pass, but his legendary Operator skin is available at Tier 100.
- Bulldozer - NATO (In Season): A highly skilled member of a US Marine Corps Special Reaction Team, Wyatt "Bulldozer" Jones is a CQB and hostage rescue expert. Can be obtained as part of a Store Bundle later in Season One.
- Zeyna - NATO (In Season): Senegal-born DGSE Mobility and Heavy Weapons specialist Zeyna Ossou has been a motorhead for as long as she can remember. Can be obtained as part of a Store Bundle later in Season One.
There are five new weapons coming in Season One. One SMG, one Assault Rifle, one Shotgun, and two Melee weapons.
- MAC-10 - SMG (Launch Week)
- Groza - Assault Rifle (Launch Week)
- Streetsweeper - Shotgun (In Season)
- Sledgehammer - Melee (In Season)
- Wakizashi - Melee (In Season)
You can obtain the Streetsweeper, Sledgehammer, and the Wakizashi to use in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone during Season One in one of two ways: either complete related challenge to obtain the free base weapon or purchase a bundle with a blueprint when it is available in store.
New Multiplayer Modes
There are three new multiplayer modes and one revised mode coming with some familiar names making their return.
- Gunfight - 2v2 (Launch Week): You and your partner face off against two rivals in one of four brand-new maps and attempt to take both your enemies down using a random loadout. Should the time run out, an Overtime Flag spawns for an additional 10 seconds, and both teams have the opportunity to capture it and win the round. If neither team captures the flag, the team with the most total health wins the round. The first team to six rounds wins the match.
- Prop Hunt - 6v6 (Launch Week): The Props disguise themselves as everyday items scattered around the various multiplayer maps, from an arcade machine to a small box. Props also have access to a concussive blast if a Hunter gets too close, as well as the ability to deploy clones to create confusion. Props automatically whistle every 20 seconds, to give the Hunters a chance to narrow down the location of the hidden "props."
- Dropkick - 6v6 (In Season): Both teams fight for a control of a nuclear briefcase. Whoever picks up the briefcase is equipped with a powerful pistol, and it is up to the rest of the team members to keep the carrier safe. The team with the briefcase gets access to the launch codes, as well as gradually increasing score for their team. Once the score limit is reached, the team with the briefcase will execute a nuclear strike, and the game finishes with a blast.
- Combined Arms: Hardpoint - 12v12 (Launch Week): Hardpoint now gets bigger and better in Combined Arms with two teams of 12 fighting for the ownership of the "hill" as it rotates throughout the map, earning points for the time spent inside the "hill" or zone.
New Multiplayer Maps
There will be an addition of eight new multiplayer maps that include three 6v6 maps, four 2v2 maps and a single Fireteam: Dirty Bomb map.
- The Pines - 6v6 (Launch Week)
- Raid - 6v6 (Launch Week)
- Nuketown '84 Holiday - 6v6 (Launch Week)
- Game Show - 2v2 (Launch Week)
- ICBM - 2v2 (Launch Week)
- KGB - 2v2 (Launch Week)
- U-Bahn 2v2 (Launch Week)
- Sanatorium - Fireteam: Dirty Bomb (In Season)
New Scorestreak & Vehicle
Scorestreak: The newly added scorestreak is called H.A.R.P. which shows both enemy positions and their directions on the mini-map similar to the advanced UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) in Modern Warfare (2019).
Vehicle: A new vehicle called a tactical raft has been added to compensate for the water-based terrain included in the brand new Fireteam: Dirty Bomb map - Sanatorium.
New Zombies Mode
There are two new modes for zombies.
- Jingle Hells (Launch Week): This is a limited-time holiday mode that turns Die Maschine into a Christmas themed winter wasteland with a lot of cheerful surprises such as snowmen, presents, and zombie-freezing snowballs!
- Cranked (In Season): You heard that right, cranked mode is now available in Zombies! You must keep your eye on the countdown timer as you take down zombies. If you do not kill a zombie before the timer runs out, you will explode, just as you do in the Multiplayer version of cranked as seen in Modern Warfare (2019).
New Season Challenges, Prestige Levels & Prestige Shop (Launch Week)
New Season Challenges: Two collected of 20 calling cards (20 for Multiplayer, and 20 for Zombies), with each calling card becoming accessible in both collections at every ten Season levels.
New Prestige Levels & Prestige Shop: Once Season One starts, your Season Level will reset to 1, but don't worry you will keep all the create-a-class content that you unlocked during your Military Rank progression. Your progress will resume from the highest prestige level you achieved in the pre-season. There are four additional prestige across the first 200 levels and a new weapon blueprint.
- Level 50: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, Weapon Blueprint, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
- Level 100: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
- Level 150: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
- Level 200: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, Battle Pass Tier Skip, Master Prestige Calling Card, and all Season Challenges unlocked
- Level 250-1,000: New Prestige Key every 50 levels
After reaching level 200, you will earn the title of Prestige Master for this season. It will change your Season Level color and you will be able to customize your Prestige icon using the Legacy Prestige icons from the previous Call of Duty games, by spending your Prestige Keys at the Prestige Shop. You can find more information on the new Seasonal Prestige System here.
Season One of Black Ops Cold War drops on December 16, 2020.