Here's everything you need to know about all the new things headed to Vanguard and Warzone:
- Champion of Caldera LTM - The Limited Time mode will let a maximum of 150 players duke it out in a single, continuously closing circle. To up the ante, every time you kill someone else in this mode, you get health, equipment, and ammo refill. This rewards aggressive play as you also get to drop in with your custom loadout, gas mask, and a single Redeploy Extraction Token right off the bat.
- Fast Travel - With 14 access points scattered all over the map in the guise of a new underground transit system, moving around Caldera is about to get a lot faster. Look out for the silver "vault door" symbol on the WarZone Tac Map and minimap as soon as the update arrives.
- New perk - The Serpentine perk from Vanguard is headed to Warzone. As was the case with Vanguard, the Serpentine perk reduces incoming damage by 20% when you're sprinting. A "snake" indicator will appear whenever you're shooting someone with the Serpentine perk so you'll know that you'll need more to take them down.
- New Loot Items - Warzone is getting the Gulag Entry Token, Redeploy Extraction Token, and Speed Boost, as part of the new loot items for the latest update. The Gulag Entry Token is a second lease in life for players by way of the gulag. The same goes for the Redeploy Extraction Tokens, except that you'll redeploy right away instead of going through the gulag. Finally, the Speed Boost grants a temporary movement buff.
- High-value loot zones are now standard - Activision must have liked what it saw in the high-value loot zones from Season 3's Operation Monarch. These randomized locations will be marked with a dollar sign in every match.
- Rebirth Island - The Rebirth Island in-game event for Warzone will tie into last season's Reinforced event. Details about the upcoming event are vague at the moment, but Activision warns of an "Occupation Scan" alert popping up in the middle of the match. Once this happens, players will have to prone, or else every other player will see their position marked on the Tac Map and minimap.
- Sphere - the small multiplayer map takes place within a weapons lab and will be part of the mid-season update.
- H4 Blixen submachine gun - Starting with the mid-season update, Vanguard players will be able to unlock the H4 Blixen for free via the weapon challenge or by purchasing it alongside a cosmetic bundle. The weapon is described as an ideal tool for medium-range shootouts because of its mobility and accuracy.
- Kim Tae Young operator - The new masked fighter is the final operator for Task Force Harpy in Season 3. Players can unlock her via her operator bundle. She favors the H4 Blixen.
- New Bundles - Ink Master's Ryan Ashley, among others, lent his talents to the Spilled Ink bundle, which comes with a tattooed operator skin designed by popular tattoo artists. Other bundles include Mastercraft skins for Vanguard weapons and a Zombies-themed bundle.
With multiple showcases scheduled in June, Activision might drop a trailer for Modern Warzone 2 and Warzone 2 by then.